Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Hole?

Last night I was sitting at the computer looking at a website or something and Victoria yelled to me from the kitchen, "Honey, I think Willow has another hole in her palate!" I immediately thought to myself that there's no way and there must be a mistake. After making my way back to the kitchen I grabbed a hold of Willow, turned her upside down by grasping onto her tiny feet with one hand thereby causing her head to tip back and her mouth to open with a bird's-eye view to her palate. Sure enough, there it was; another hole right next to her two front teeth, this time about half the size of a pencil head eraser. Our hearts sunk while at the same time pondering how in the world this could have happened. Of course, anything could have happened and at anytime (which it obviously did) as it's almost impossible to keep an eye on a wandering Willow 24/7. There have been a few incidents over the last couple of weeks where we've seen her carrying something sharp enough to penetrate her palate if inserted with enough force (e.g., eating utensils, writing pens, etc...). On one occasion in particular, just yesterday as a matter of fact, I found her with a clip she'd taken out of her hair and inserted into her mouth. After taking it away from her I was hopeful that she didn't do any damage. Who knows when it happened or what caused it, but there's no doubting she's inflicted a wound into her palate, and now we'll (Victoria actually) have to make contact with the surgeon/physician and determine what can and must be done next. Naturally our prayer is that this one will heal on its own like the last. Please, if you think of it, pray along these lines. While certainly not life threatening (thank goodness), it is another setback that can not only be discouraging (although Willow certainly doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear), but also additionally demanding.

Resting in His plan,

Tom (& Victoria)

1 comment:

Scott said...

You have my prayers and love for Willows quick healing.

resting in Him who gives rest,
mariam