I've been a little bashful, hesitant if you will, about posting lately. Obvious, of course, if you've recently checked our blog only to see that there's really nothing new there. There's always something new in our lives, just like yours, but I constantly wrestle with whether it's worthy of writing about so others might read, see and know. There's a part of me (a part of us, I suppose) that often asks in the back of my (our) mind(s) before any post is posted, "Should I really write this and expose it for all to see? After all, is there really anything that special, that unique about us Kruggel's that would warrant drawing attention to?" I believe the answer is simple, "No, there isn't." Victoria reads numerous blogs about families and lives that are far more intriguing and exhilarating than ours. Quite frankly, many of those lives revive our spirits and cause us to want to love all the more. And that's what makes this social media stuff so interesting and at the same time puts me in kind of a quandary. Truth be known, I (we Kruggel's) don't really desire a bunch of eyes elevated in our direction. Yet at the same time we live in community with you and you're a part of us. I guess we should all be concerned about how we live our lives because to the extent any of us are not living as designed then we're not healthy and holy together.If only I could convey better in words what we wish for more than anything else, that Jesus be seen and we vanish. The ugly part of me wants to be lifted up and the focus of attention, but the new heart transplanted inside of me wants Jesus to be the focus of attention. This is the good tension that I wrestle with everyday, and the tension that keeps me from writing and posting on a more frequent basis. Sure we're busy and there isn't enough time in a day, but that's not the real reason behind our silence. (Besides, everyone is busy, which is part of our problem, isn't it?)
I had to go back and look at a blog post we made on April 14th, 2010 to refresh my memory about why we do this, blog. I've added a link here directly to that post so it's easy to reference if you're at all interested in reading it again: http://willowsway1.blogspot.com/2010/04/why-do-we-blog.html. I'm glad I re-read it because is fired up my engines again to find ways to draw our eyes to Jesus and divert them away from us.I guess we'll try to keep this thing going after all,
1 comment:
I just wanted to let you know how much your posts mean to me. My husband has not attended church on a regular basis in 11 years due to his job. Of course this hurt his relationship with the Lord and interfered with his role as the leader of our household. I sent him a post you wrote and it changed my husband forever. Through your post, the Lord spoke to my husband and he now strives each and every day to put Christ first and to lead our family the way God intended. He has quit his job and is now working as a school teacher in the inner city AND attending church with us each Sunday and Wednesday. We are currently in the processes of selling our home so that we can move closer to the community he teaches in so that we as a family can be a mentor to these children. So thank you for your posts it has impacted our lives in a way that is just simply mind boggling. Thanks for being such a wonderful Christian mentor. You touch more lives than you know:)
Post a Comment